Today was legs and shoulders at the gym. I did 515 lbs for 3 reps for the last set of my squats. That’s 5 plates and a 10 lb plate on each side. The bar seriously bends when I do them but the bars are meant to bend a bit and come right back. The other day one of the workers at the gym gave me crap for not putting those little collar things on the bar. I did, but I don’t normally for squats since they’re not necessary at all. I don’t drop the weight ever! I did see a kid trying to do 4 45 lb plates on each side one day and he lifted it off the rack then dropped it to the safety rack which was about 1.5 feet off the floor. It was a wicked BANG and the whole gym stopped to look to see if the kid was injured! Thankfully he wasn’t, but he hasn’t tried that much weight again.
Oh, I also did 30 minutes of cardio, (recline stationary bike), at the end of today’s workout. Cardio is a good thing and very necessary to keep the metabolism running on all cylinders.
Here’s my workout:
- Tri-set bent over one arm cable, standing one arm cable, forward one arm cable
- Rope pulls through the legs forward
- Shoulder presses
- Leg extensions
- Leg curls
- Tri-set for calves (standing one leg with 75 lb dumbell in hand)
- Behind the back olympic bar curls
- 3 x 25 Straight bar twists
- 3 x 25 Straight leg raises on mat
- 3 x 25 One side crunches on mat, (both sides)